Sunday, October 7, 2012

Random Food Photo - Straight to Ale Tap Room

On a recent Sunday, I found myself with some time to kill, and as luck would have it my friends at the Straight to Ale Tap Room were busy serving beer and showing football.  So I packed up my tiny Toyota, and raced (within the speed limit) to the brewery.

Straight to Ale Montesano Maibock (on top of an Old Towne Brewing Co. coaster)
I really can't say enough about the Huntsville brewery scene; it's exploding!  And our local brewers are producing some pretty high quality brews.  But we shouldn't forget the abandoned dreams that litter the highway to brewing-greatness. 


When STA took over the brewery space formerly held by Huntsville/ Alabama's first brewery since prohibition, the Old Towne Brewing Co., they also inherited a lot of the old paraphernalia. 

On my visit, the STA brew keeper was slinging beer and serving the frothy pint glasses on top of classic coasters from the now defunct brewery. 

While the Old Towne Brewery might not be with us today, its memory lives on... In this case from the bottom of a pint of the STA Montesano Maibock.


Eat good food.  Drink good beer.  And above all, stay classy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!